RIEMP Vice President participated at the European –Iran Business Forum at the Ministry of Energy on 30th April 2017 and met Adnan Z. Amin Director General International Renewable Energy Agency and many other EU officials.
Following the European Union’s nuclear safety cooperation agreement which was concluded recently, the Commission arrived in Tehran to strengthen energy and climate ties with Iran on 29th April 2017.
European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete met with high level officials in Tehran and participated at the first-ever Iran-EU Business Forum on Sustainable Energy.
The Forum l gathered more than 50 European companies and business associations and some 40 Iranian energy companies and enabled them to enhance their business relations and partnerships between Iran and the EU and laid the ground for further cooperation and joint partnerships in the energy sector. In this regard the Commission said the Forum will provide a platform for investors and businesses to look into investment opportunities for clean energy, renewable, energy efficiency and energy conservation actions in Iran.
RIEMP had good dialogue with some EU participants with regard to pursue the outcome of the Forum by organising joint research, workshops, seminars and training programs.
Energy Charter this news: News link
Following RIEMP visit to Energy Charter Secretariat on Feb. 24 recently Ministry of Energy hosted the ECT delegation during their visit to Tehran. During meetings that took place at Niroo Institute the parties concerned supported the initiative for an MOU to be signed between the RIEMP and ECT for further dialogue and cooperation in organising workshops, seminars and training program on the basis of enhancing more understanding what ECT could offer to Iran as well as the region energy cooperation and trade.
In follow up of introduction of the Caspian Energy Grid in Tehran at RIEMP on 20th June 2016 and then on 14th July 2016 in London, then in cooperation with Iran Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture (ICCIMA) Education and Research Institute, RIEMP and Petro Scotland (UK) a workshop was hosted by ECT and ECO Secretariats, at which World Bank representative and other international representatives were also participating took place long side of the World Energy Council on 12th October 2016 in Istanbul.
The concept of Caspian Energy Grid is of interest for Iran and EU to pursue on the following ideas that has been suggested by Mr. Chris Cook from Petro Scotland:
Iran/EU Energy Diplomacy – a Modest Proposal
The European Commission and Energy Charter Treaty organisation have three principal aims in engaging with Iran, to which they attach the highest priority due to US President Trump's 'America First' doctrine.
- Resilience – EU requires security and diversity of energy supply (consistent with Iran's need for security and diversity of demand).
- PetroEuro – support the Euro currency through € denominated bank loans secured by claims over Iran's sovereign energy resources.
- Trade – sale of over-priced and over-engineered EU technology, goods and services.
By reactivating the existing EU/Iran MOU and full membership of the Energy Charter Treaty, the EU aims for Iran to be subject to EU hegemony and Euro economics by adopting an economic organising principle of least € cost.
- Reform – engage with EU and Euro investment within the ECT framework and compromise Iran's resource sovereignty and integrity.
- Resist – disengage from further EU and Energy Charter Treaty negotiation and engage with Russia and China on inferior terms.
- Resilience – engage with EU and ECT constructively through this proposal for Resource Resilience.
Founders of this Modest Proposal for resource resilience are Iran & Nordic nations (possibly also Holland) and both EU and ECO nations will be invited to subscribe.
Resource Resilience Policy
- Organising Principle - least resource cost - for a given provision of energy as a service (heat/cooling, mobility, power) use of finite resources (water & fossil fuels) is minimised.
- Economic Rationale - the more expensive finite resources become in € terms the more € profit there is in saving them.
- Energy as a Service – a 21st Century 'smart market' paradigm of energy swaps and credits which is complementary to the existing energy-as-a-commodity market paradigm.
This Proposal does not envisage new international organisations (there are enough of these already) but rather collaborative agreements between existing organisations to an agreed common purpose.
- Caspian Energy Grid – a framework agreement for development of new physical infrastructure to which Caspian and EU public and private sectors may subscribe.
- Energy Clearing Union – framework agreement for financing new development and operational funding through energy risk, production and cost sharing agreements
- Institute for Resource Resilience – an academic and private sector network for themed research and development with the aim of resource resilience
- Foundational meeting
- establish core group of founders
- agree plan of action
- گزارش دیدار هیات ایرانی با دبیر منشور بین المللی انرژی
- Energy charter
- مقاله مجله TehranTimes
- حضور مقامات موسسه انرژی دانشگاه تهران در کنفرانس جهانی گاز مشهور به FLAME در شهر آمستردام هلند
- نشست توسعه همکاری بین موسسه انرژی دانشگاه تهران و انستیتو نفت فرانسه(IFP)
- بازگشائی جایگاه جمهوری اسلامی ایران در اقتصاد جهان
- قطر وضرورت یک حرکت هوشمندانه
- توسعه همکاری های علمی آموزشی بین موسسه و انستیتو نفت فرانسه (IFP)
- توسعه همکاری های حوزه انرژی بین موسسه و فعالان اقتصادی فرانسه
- راه اندازی سامانه آزمایشگاهی انرژی کشور توسط موسسه انرژی و تحت نظر سازمان بهینه سازی مصرف سوخت
- برگزاری دومین کنفرانس CSR
- توسعه همکاریهای علمی و حرفه ای بخش خصوصی ، بخش عمومی و آکادمیک درمدیریت و برنامه ریزی انرژی
- پنجمین همایش بین المللی نفت، گاز و پتروشیمی ایران
- راه اندازی مرکز آموزش های تخصصی موسسه انرژی در هتل پارسیان انقلاب تهران
- همکاری موسسه با شرکت پتروتکنو (Petrotekno) اندونزی جهت توسعه آموزشهای حرفهای با استانداردهای BP
- پروژه مانیتورینگ ایستگاههای گاز
- توسعه همکاری موسسه انرژی با شرکت پتروپارس در جهت ارتقا قابلیتهای شرکتهای E&P
- توسعه همکاری موسسه انرژی باشرکت رهآوران پتروشیمی
- برگزاری دوره M&V توسط موسسه انرژی در شهر قم
- بازدید از سد و نیروگاه سیاه بیشه
- برگزاری دوره M&V توسط موسسه انرژی در شهر شیراز
- آغاز بهره برداری از پروژه مانیتورینگ ایستگاه های گاز